Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

I wanted to make pumpkin muffins because it's fall now. Yay! I love this season. I've pretty much become obsessed with pumpkin things, and I've already watched The Nightmare Before Christmas twice. Just this week I bought pumpkin spice bagels, pumpkin spice cream cheese and pumpkin pie yogurt. Obsessed. I found a lot of recipes for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, but thought white chocolate chips would be better, so I decided to try both. I used this recipe for my base, and then divided it into two and made half with white chocolate chips and half with regular chocolate chips.

Ingredients:


1 2/3 cup flour
cup sugar
tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1 & 1/2 tsp cinnamon
tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
cup chocolate chips (1/2 semi-sweet, 1/2 white)
large eggs
cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
1/2 cup unsalted butter,  melted

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 12 muffin tins or use paper liners.
2. Mix together eggs, pumpkin and butter in a large bowl.


3. Combine dry ingredients (flour, sugar, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt) and then add to the wet ingredients. Be careful to not overmix.


4. Add in your chocolate chips. This was where I divided the batter and added the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup each.

5. Fill each muffin tin about 2/3 full.


6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.



I definitely liked the white chocolate chip/pumpkin combo the best. Regular chocolate chips tasted fine, but the white chocolate kind of reminded me of cool whip on top of pumpkin pie. This recipe was not my favorite muffin recipe though. The muffins were a little dense, but I've never made pumpkin muffins before and they might all be dense, so I will probably try some more recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment