Sunday, October 28, 2012

Italian Layer Bake

I have a thing for sandwiches. And that thing is that I really like them. I could eat Jimmy John's every day for a week and be very happy with my life. I liked this recipe because it was super easy, and kind of sandwich-y while still feeling like a dinner meal. I used different meats and didn't include the egg layer, because it sounded kind of gross to me.

Ingredients:
1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 lb each of:
  Sliced deli turkey
  Sliced deli pepperoni
  Sliced deli genoa salami
  Sliced Provolone cheese
Peperoncini peppers
1 egg, beaten

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Open the crescent roll dough and unroll. Lay 1/2 of the dough in the bottom of and 8x8 inch pan, making sure it connects.

3. Layer the turkey, pepperoni, salami, cheese, and peppers.

I only put the peppers on half because Chris doesn't like it so spicy.
4. Place the other 1/2 of the dough over the layers.Brush the beaten egg over the top of the dough.


5. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden and heated through.


6. Let cool 15 to 20 minutes then cut and serve.

Like I said, super easy. I didn't use ham in my recipe, because I don't like ham, but you can use almost  any combination of meats in this. The peperoncini peppers added some nice bite. Some tomatoes would probably be delicious as well. I paired this with a greek salad, and it was a very tasty dinner.

So many yummy layers!


No comments:

Post a Comment