Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cake Batter Popcorn

I found multiples of this Cake Batter Popcorn recipe floating around Pinterest and based my recipe off of two or three of them combined. I was meeting some friends for a night of snacks and watching Revenge, and wanted something sweet and easy to make. This fit the bill perfectly.

Ingredients:

9 cups of popcorn
1+1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
1/4 cups of vegetable oil
1+1/2 cups of cake mix (white or yellow)
Salt
Sprinkles


Directions:

1. Pop your popcorn: 9 cups or about two bags of microwave popcorn.
Lots of popcorn!

2. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or double boiler. Be careful not to overheat it. I used the microwave and did it in three 20-second intervals.
3. Mix the vegetable oil into the melted chocolate, then add the cake mix. I used Funfetti, because it's the best. It will wind up being quite thick, but still mixable.

It should look like this.
4. Combine the popcorn and cake/chocolate mix. I ended up having to split the popcorn and mix in half, and use two bowls. It's very hard to mix a full bowl of popcorn without it all ending up on the floor.

Two bowls!
5. None of the recipes online had salt, but the mixture was very, very sweet to me. I mixed some sprinkles together with some salt, and added it to the popcorn for color and and to balance out the flavor.
6. Spread the popcorn out on a baking sheet and add more sprinkles on top. Then place the popcorn in the refrigerator to harden up.


I put the popcorn back into the bowl for a pretty presentation, and easier transport to girls night. I recommend keeping it in the refrigerator, or the chocolate gets a little melty. It is also still very sweet, but still very good.
Pretty and very sweet. Perfect for girls night.

No comments:

Post a Comment